The most adventures way to live your life is the Bike Trip and if the place will be surrounded by snow-clad mountains, valleys and rivers flow alongside the road then this will becomes the most adventurous. There are various routes In India where bike riders want to go and used to go. One of the most favorite routes in India which only made for bike riding lovers is the Manali to Leh route. The route remains most scenic and picturesque throughout the journey from source to destination.
Both the places Manali and Leh are hot tourist destinations where tourist visits these places in numbers every year. Manali is the small town of Himachal Pradesh in India. Every state of India is special with some specific features Himachal Pradesh is one of them. This state is known for the snowy mountains, naturally enriched valleys, rivers, tourist destinations, and its flora and fauna.
Leh is the most important district of Ladakh in terms of administration. Ladakh is a union territory of India. In terms of natural beauty, it represents a different picture. It is also naturally enriched and beautiful. In a comparison of other places, there you will find barren Himalayan landscapes, High brown mountains with snowy peaks. Actually, this area is a high altitude cold desert. Its locations are remote in terms but attract the tourists more.
Day 1:Delhi – Chandigarh- Manali
Day 2:Arrival at Manali
Day 3:Manali – Rohtang Pass- Jispa
Day 4:Jispa – Sarchu
Day 5:Sarchu – Leh
Day 6:Leh – Khardung La Pass
Day 7:Nubra – Turtuk – Nubra
Day 8:Nubra – Pangong Lake – Tangste
Day 9:Tangste- Leh
Day 10:Leh – Sarchu
Day 11:Sarchu – Manali
Day 12:Manali – Delhi
Day 13:Arrival in Delhi
How To Reach
Delhi is the national capital region and heart of India. It is connected with the whole nation by all means of transportation and through the air, it is connected with all countries of this world.
New Delhi railway station is the busiest railway station of India where thousands of train arrives and goes to the destination. It is known for the largest interlocking system in the world.
There are 600 flights arrives and departs from the Indira Gandhi International Airport of Delhi. The airport is strongly connected by all major airports in India. Flights to Delhi from all major cities are on a regular basis so in less time you can reach Delhi.
As Delhi is the center point of India is strongly connected with all cities by road.
Best Time For Bike Ride From Manali to Leh
The best time to do a bike ride on this route is Mid June to September. During this time climatic conditions remain most suitable for the trip. In other months you can also ride but weather conditions may unpredictable. During monsoon roads condition remains worst and in full swing winters, roads remain blocked due to heavy snowfall. So it is not recommended in monsoon and winters.
Things to Carry
- Riding Gears like- Jacket, Gloves, Boots, Riding Pants
- Fleece Jacket
- Wind Sheeter
- Woolen Clothes
- Thermal Innerwear
- Wollen Socks
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Body Lotion
- First Aid Kit
- General Medicine Kit
- Special Medicine prescribed by the doctor if any
- Led Flashlight
- Water Bottle
- Thermo Flask
- Extra Batteries for the camera
Some Important Tips
- As the roads are tricky and tough due to the hilly area which requires the full concentration to ride your bike carefully and do not consume any kind of toxin during the ride.
- Enjoy all the scenes during the ride but have an eye on the road to avoid any kind of fatal injury.
- Ladakh shares the borders with Pakistan and China so it is highly sensitive in terms of defense & security so be careful about the license or permits. Obtain them before the riding to avoid any legal issues with the administration.
- Carry all essential identity proof upon asking you have to show them to the assigned authority
- Keep an eye on the warning boards and follow the instruction carefully to avoid any legal action against you.
- If photography is not allowed at any point then do not try to do it. It may lead you to difficulty.
- If you face any health issues report immediately to your team leader.
This is all about Manali to Leh Bike Trip so- “ Stay Blessed, Keep Riding”